Ever since the vote for Brexit there has been an increased interest amongst people wondering how to move to Canada from the UK. Being from the UK originally I have had many friends and relatives enquire or express a desire to do the same!
Whether you are an accountant, sales manager, or just finishing your studies, there are many ways to come to Canada on a temporary residence. You may even look to transition towards permanent residence after obtaining a temporary working permit. All the information you need is below.

Coming to Canada on a Working Holiday (IEC)
One of the most popular ways to come to Canada is the International Experience Canada program. This program allows British citizens between the ages of 18-30 to come to Canada on a temporary work permit for up to two years, known as the working holiday. This program operates over 30 countries you can get some more information by following this link.
Applications are picked on a lottery basis, but anybody who meets the eligibility criteria is able to apply. once you are randomly selected – you then have 10 days to start your application and then it will be 20 days to submit everything, including all the relevant fees.
This program is highly popular due to its simplistic application process and the ease of people being able to come from the UK to Canada on a 2 year permit without the need for significant finance. It essentially allows you to try out Canada on a 2 year permit where you can work and travel at the same time.
If you would like more information on how to apply for IEC, please get in touch with us at info@elementimmigration.com.

Permanent Residence
When it comes to permanent residence, there are many options, especially if you have participated in the IEC program. You will need to jump through more hoops when applying for permanent residence than when you applied for the working holiday visa, however with the right research advice and guidance PR can be achievable.
You can actually count the Canadian experience you gained whilst on your working holiday visa towards your permanent residency points, under the express entry system. In fact, one of our team did this very thing when immigrating from the UK to Canada. So we have first hand experience of this process.
Your language ability, work experience, and level of education will all be assessed when applying for permanent residency.
Of course, you may be lucky enough to be sponsored to come to Canada or arrive under business immigration or even the Temporary Foreign Worker program. PNP programs can also be used when immigrating to Canada, especially if you have some skilled work experience.
Whatever you decide, you can rest assured that the Element Immigration team are here to help you. If you have any questions or would like to get assessed, please contact us now.