The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) is for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.
Get in touch with us about Federal Skilled Trades Class
Get in touch with us
Get in touch with us
Fill up the form and our team will get back to you soon
To qualify under this program, the applicant must:
- Have at least 2 years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the 5 years before the application;
- Have a valid job offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least 1 year up to two employers in Canada OR a certificate of qualification* in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority;
- Get a minimum level of CLB 5 in Speaking & Listening and CLB 4 in Reading & Writing in official languages;
- Meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification, except for needing a certificate of qualification*.
- Be able to demonstrate the skills and experience and that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation.
- The applicant is not required to have at least 67 points based on Element Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) element immigration selection factors.
- There is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. However, applicant will be awarded points in their Express Entry pool, if they have earned a Canadian educational or have Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for a foreign education.
- The applicants must plan to reside outside the province of Quebec. The province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers through a unique element immigration system.
Contact us for assessment and more information
*A Certificate of Qualification proves that a person is qualified to work in certain skilled trade in Canada. With a Certificate of Qualification, applicants prove they have passed a certification exam or met all the requirements to practice their trade in a specific province or territory.